Mid-Autumn Festival calls for scrumptious mooncake and tea pairings. It's the night of the year when the moon shines at its fullest and brightest. Enjoy moon viewing with your loved ones and indulge in the most decadent variations of mooncakes with uniquely brewed and refreshing teas.
Want to put a Drinkmate spin into it? Here are some of our favorite sparkling teas to relish in this mid-autumn:
1)Sparkling Earl Grey Lavender Lemon Tea
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 teaspoon Earl Grey Tea leaves
- 2 teaspoon lavender flowers - dried
- 6 ounces lemon juice
- 5 cups water
- Pour equal parts of water and sugar into a saucepan. Heat to just before boiling.
- Remove from heat as soon as it begins to boil. Add lavender flowers and Earl Grey tea leaves.
- Infuse for 10 minutes or until cooled.
- Strain the syrup into a pitcher.
- Combine the lemon juice, earl grey syrup, water, and into Drinkmate's carbonating bottle. Mix it and Carbonate! Finish it up by garnishing it with lemon and lavender for that insta-worthy shot!
Voila! You have a super refreshing tea to pair with any mooncake!
2)Iced Sparkling Rose Green Tea
- 1 Litre Water
- 2 Tbsp rose green tea
- 1 cup sugar or honey
- ½ Cup Rose petals
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Boil some water in a pan and keep it aside. Let the water cool down a little bit before adding the rose petals to it.
- Leave this mix for one hour to infuse the flavor.
- Strain this water into a pitcher and stir in the sugar or honey.
- Take two cups of plain water and bring to a boil, add the rose green tea and remove the water from the heat. Let the mixture steep for about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the preferred strength of the tea brewed.
- Combine rose water syrup and rose green tea and refrigerate the tea.
- Once chilled, carbonate using Drinkmate and pour in glasses. Finish it off by garnishing the drink with rose petals.
Enjoy the mid-autumn festival this year with this beautiful rosy tea!
3)Bubbly Peach Oolong Iced Tea
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 cups sliced peaches - fresh or frozen
- ⅓ cup agave nectar or maple syrup - or other sweeteners
- 4 oolong tea bags - or 3 tbsp loose tea leaves
- 6 cups hot water
- In a saucepan, combine the peaches, 1 ½ cup of water, and sweetener. Warm over medium-high heat while stirring and crushing the peaches using a wooden spoon or a masher. Keep doing this for about 5-10 minutes or until the fruit has softened.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let it sit for about 20 minutes. While the peach mixture is resting, add your tea (bags or loose tea leaves) to the 6 cups of hot water and let it steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea and transfer it to the fridge to cool down.
- When the peach mixture is done resting, strain the fruit using a mesh colander, use the back of the spoon to press the juice out of the fruit. (keep the leftover peach puree to use as a jam)
- Combine the tea and juice, let it sit in the fridge to cool completely. Once chilled, transfer the tea to the Drinkmate carbonating bottle and carbonate!Pour it in the glasses and garnish it with peach slices.
Everything is peachy when drinking this flavorful tea while savoring on your delicious mooncakes!